The Reality of Life (Pt 1)

Awakened by the heavy wind of the night and the chirping of the birds, looking  through the window i could see the branches of the tress in the garden dancing to the songs of the birds. "Beautiful!" I had thought to myself. The birds were of many colours unseen by man, I wiped my eyes, it could be that my eyes were deceiving me, but still i saw the many colours of the birds. I could have sworn, a bird did smile at me, and stretched it wings towards my direction bidding me to come.

Out i ran immediately without giving it a second thought, "this is a dream, it has to be a dream".... I thought to myself again.

The birds kept singing, it felt like the whole world was at standstill, I could feel the winds caressing my cheeks and the continous chirping of the birds made me dance. I stretched out my hands sideways and swing my waist in many direction.

I could hear the birds talking to me, it was like the story of Balaam and his horse in the Bible. Oh! I was the happiest girl on earth.

Like a blink of an eye, everything went away, i felt the splash of lukewarm water on my face, my silly cousin..... Mtchewwww...... I was sleeping in the park, I had gone to meet an employer in search of a job but i was declined.

With a long sigh, I stood up and started dragging my feet towards the direction were El-Rufai Bus parks to load.

What a day? The Reality of Life!!!

#ChoiceGabriel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ever heard of American Slang? Day 1

How well do you know your dictionary?? Day 1